 Administrative / NNTP / 888
    Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff? —Kevin Salm
   In lugnet.general, Peter McLoone asked these things: (...) Glad - absolutely. (...) Yes, it really is. Overdue, perhaps, but good things take time. (...) Yes, it is. It is a regular annoyance and inconvenience to us now, but after a while, we will (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff? —Ross Crawford
   (...) I have a feeling we'll find that it won't keep the really persistent trolls out, but we'll see. ROSCO (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) You've expressed that opinion several times now and I don't see it as having been justified yet. I understand you have dark forebodings, etc. but I'm not sure I agree. This mechanism will keep out spoofers. It is not designed to stop all (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)