 Administrative / NNTP / 732
REQ: Restructuring loc.de.* newsgroups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:57:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello Todd!

I am requesting a restructuring of the loc.de.* newsgroups.
The loc.de.* newsgroups are almost not used because if the strange division
into separate
counties. The only message who has been written in these groups were
initated by me causing a small flame war. The german lego AFOL community
still uses web-forums to exchange their thoughts because the exisiting
newsgroup structure at lugnet just doesn't fit to the needs.

My suggestion for restructuring is

lugnet.loc.de                common talks postings german/english
lugnet.loc.de.offers      Offers of lego-pieces/sets for german people
lugnet.loc.de.requests  Request for special pieces/sets
lugnet.loc.de.requests
lugnet.loc.de.announce Announcing special offers/auctions in german
lugnet.loc.de.exchange Swapping lego with other german AFOLs

The exisiting local county newsgroups can be deleted because there is no
need for this.
Compared to the states Germany is very small so that model doesnt fit here.

Any suggestions, hints or comments are welcome!

Greetings from Germany,

Carsten