 Administrative / NNTP / 71
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 06:37:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
The bottom line is that no newsgroup content is edited or removed on the
basis of its content, unless required to do by an outside party (i.e.,
LEGO in this case) for clear an
[abrupt stop]

John,
Was that a cleverly timed joke (if so, nice work! :-) or was your content
clipped unintentionally by your WebTV browser?  Looking at the incoming
HTML-form logs, your browser appears to have chopped the text after the
"an".  Question:  When you saw the preview screen, how much of your message
showed up?  A few days ago someone was having trouble posting from WebTV
with the new preview screen because the WebTV browser was throwing away
ASCII character #10's.  I worked around its browser bug by converting raw
10-bytes to
 strings.

All moot of course if this was a joke, but if not, I'd like to learn more.
Thanks,

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.nntp]