 Administrative / NNTP / 697
REQ: New Group(s)---lugnet.off-topic.test Heirarchy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:56:05 GMT

G'day Todd,

I am requesting that some additional "test" groups be established
to facilitate testing of cross-posts, follow-ups, trims, etc.  While
am I not having any particular technical problems with these
techniques, there are some nuances of using them that I would like
to investigate.  It's so much more helpful for me to just be able
to try it myself rather than pester a bunch of people with questions...,
mostly you   ;]

Currently there is no way to perform tests involving multiple groups
without straying out of the lugnet.off-topic.test group.  I think
that having 3 groups in total would be sufficient, something like:

lugnet.off-topic.test
lugnet.off-topic.test2
lugnet.off-topic.test3

or

lugnet.off-topic.test
lugnet.off-topic.test.test1
lugnet.off-topic.test.test2

(all "post-to-abled"), or

lugnet.off-topic.testing
lugnet.off-topic.testing.test1
lugnet.off-topic.testing.test2
lugnet.off-topic.testing.test3

where lugnet.off-topic.testing is not "post-to-abled".

Also I am wondering if it makes sense to move the testing
from its current lugnet.off-topic.test to lugnet.testing?
Mostly I just wonder this as it is currently a little
"buried" (via web at least) and I thought it may be helpful
to have a testing heirarchy start at the top level for people
to find easier (or at least know it exists).

Thanx,
KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada