 Administrative / NNTP / 619
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 05:12:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Recall if you will, that I asked (as I *always* do when these sorts of
policy kerfluffles arise) that we get a definitive statement of policy on
this from yoiu that further discussion is not likely to change things.

Further unsolicited discussion is not going to change things.

Thanks. I think it's time for everyone to step away anyway, some things are
being said that probably are more divisive than they ought to be.

The rest of this post is meta, that is, it is about how communication
happens here, rather than about the particular communication.

(Discussion
was never invited in the first place.)

You may want to work on making that clearer in future. I just went and
reread the original post and it does state things rather baldly but does not
say "and that's the way it is..." at the end. (It DOES have a nice siggy of
"--news admin" though!)

Since it was posted in a discussion forum... people tend to discuss.

However your style, I think, is to explicitly invite discussion when you
want it rather than explicitly state you don't want discussion when you
don't. Fair enough, but that may be a confusing style in a discussion forum.

++Lar