 Administrative / NNTP / 596
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:58:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:

This is important, yes, and we should talk about options that best enable
dissemination by LEGO of such information.  I would not be opposed to
deleting the lugnet.announce.lsahs group and moving its content to
lugnet.lego.announce or some new group, say, lugnet.lego.shop.announce,
and combine things a bit.

I'd recommend lugnet.lego.shop.announce (or just lugnet.lego.shop -
though that might invite discussion about LEGO shopping avenues.

Hmm, I just had an idea. Set one or more lugnet.lego.xyz.announce
groups, which only TLC can post to. Then have a sister lugnet.lego.xyz
group where anyone can post. To make it a little easier on the TLC
employees, automatically cross-post lugnet.lego.xyz.announce postings to
lugnet.lego.xyz, and set follow-ups there. This would make it trivial to
find the wheat among the chaff (just pop into the .announce group
instead of the group above it), yet allow follow-up discussion to flow
naturally. If a TLC employee wants to respond to something in
lugnet.lego.xyz which they feel is important that everyone see, they can
easily add the .announce group to the posting also.
snip, snip

Good idea Frank. Have you seen this post?
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=257

I hope Todd can sort out the multiple identity crisis so there's less of
this messiness.

--DaveL