 Administrative / NNTP / 392
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:34:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Ross Crawford writes:
  lugnet.au:  For anything to do with LEGO and Australia, in a broad sense.
  lugnet.au.org:  Discussion of LUGs, fests and building the profile of the
LegOz community.

Hmmm. I'm not sure we need a .au.org. Couldn't we just have .au.LegOz,
.au.SLUG, .au.BUG, .au.MUG, etc., with any national stuff just going in
.au.LegOz? This forces people to think about which organisation they're >posting to / about.

I'd be happy with .au.LegOz. I'd think regional LUG discussion could go in
.au.nsw, .au.vic, .au.qld etc, avoiding too much clutter. Does .au.market
sound like a goer (pending Todd's okay)?

  lugnet.au.nsw:  (..qld, ..vic, etc) State specific news and organisation.
A place for useful but highly localised communication.
  lugnet.au.market:  Shopping news; private sales, trades and auctions
within Australia.

snippage

  Vegemite consumption (because many .au AFOLS eat Vegemite, and yeast
paste is typically .au)

Mmmmm. Yeast Paste.

(Belches happily.)

  Locally crafted clone-brand MOCs (because they're the original
constructions of .au AFOLs and building bloody big things out of sub-par
materials is typically .au)

Speak for yourself! My big things are still *exclusively* built from superior
materials!!

My monumental 99.95% LEGO diorama is still in gestation. I was thinking that
MegaBlok MOCs belong to the Big Banana, Big Prawn, Big Merino school of
paint and fibro workmanship.

--DaveL