 Administrative / NNTP / 295
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:47:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, "Gino A. Melone" <gmelone@futurenext.com> writes:
Ditto my comments about .rant.  Plus, I'd recomend a name change.  The term
rave has certain connotations these days.  Connotations which I'm pretty sure
most LUGNETers aren't interested in associating with LUGNET.  [...]

What are those connotations?  You're making me feel old.  :-)  Other than
spontaneous all-night slam-dancing with techno trance house musing and
things of that ilk, I'm not aware of other meanings of the word "rave."
I don't think there's anything to worry about with the pair .rant and .rave
because the two words have a very long history of being a pair of polar
opposites.

(Say, wouldn't it be funny if there were all-night spontaneous AFOL
get-togethers to build and listen to loud music?  :-)

Perhaps, links on the related section for the appropriate themed group.  Say
a link to .org.ltc at .trains.

Definitely that.

--Todd