 Administrative / NNTP / 214
Re: Out-of-office replies, mail header suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Buiting writes:
I was wondering, since the person whom posts receives the "out-of-office"
reply, wouldn't the poster also receive the "delivery failure" replies? So
how would LUGNET receive the bounced message or am I missing something here
(not sure if messages are bounced to the 'reply to' header?). This is just a
question out of curiosity ;-)

There's an 'Errors-To:' header that gets set.  Some MDA's and MTA's don't
make use of it, but most do.

--Todd