 Administrative / NNTP / 1631
  Problems with news server - Connection refused

Hi, I was able to work with the LUGNET news server successfully a while ago. When retring today with the same settings, it fails with "connection refused". My environment is: - Mozilla news reader V1.6 - Windows XP Pro SP1 - ZoneAlarm firewall on (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Problems with news server - Connection refused

(...) A while back, the news server posrt was changed to 1119, because of some stupid hacker program that attacked port 119. Change your port to 1119 and all should work as before. HTH ROSCO (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Problems with news server - Connection refused

(...) Ross, Thanks, it works again now ! (... must have missed that change, obviously ;-) Regards, Andy (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)