 Administrative / NNTP / 1548
Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:34:06 GMT

While we're at it, I'd like to suggest a .people.bruce group:

-> lugnet.people.bruce (group)
All about LEGO® people who happen to be named Bruce:  Myself, Bruce Lowell,
Bruce Schlickbernd, and, in the spirit of the Monty Python sketch, anyone who
will answer in the affirmative to the question "Mind if we call you Bruce?"

Okay, sillyness aside, I think that the new groups sound fine and would second
the idea of a .people.women group.  I know on FBTB and Classic-Castle there have
been threads with subjects like "Any other women around here?" (harder to tell
on those groups since many people use nicknames rather than their real names).

I do hope that the admins will be careful about watching where the fut's are
set.  Group proliferation tends to lead to more confusion when people don't know
where to post, others start complaining about shouldn't this be in group X or Y,
etc.

I'm particularly happy to see the kids and teens groups.  I know that some
younger posters on FBTB and Classic-Castle feel either unwelcome or intimidated
by Lugnet.  Perhaps having their own little nook will help encourage younger
FOLs to participate here.

Bruce