 Administrative / NNTP / 1426
Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 23:21:08 GMT

Please can we have lugnet.parts?

Purpose:
Art and science of Lego parts: discussion, debate, analysis and history of • old,
new and desired parts; shape changes and related likes and dislikes; • moulding
technology, parts production, moulding quality issues; shape analysis and
development; use of tools to modify parts; moulding your own parts; how to • make
good use of broken parts.

At the moment the discussions we have about parts don't have any • particular home
and quickly get lost among other discussions.

I have made exciting new developments in modifying universal joints, which • at
the moment is in .technic and .trains.  I am convinced that this • discussion will
blossom, just as my confidence in modifying parts has grown.  I would like • to
encourage others to do the same.

Another reason is that I was encouraged by the chief Technic designer at • Lego
Futura to modify parts, when he interviewed me in 1997.  I subsequently • sent him
a few ideas and at least 6 of these have been made in sets since then.

Has the idea for a parts newsgroup also existed for a while?

Mark Bellis

I'm behind the idea 110%, but I believe you shouldn't respond to a color
newsgroup post with a request for a parts newsgroup.  As much as I love the
idea, that's bad karma.  Maybe you (and others interested in making this
happen) could add to our previous request or come up with a different way of
politely asking (begging as it may be) for these newsgroups.  Good idea for
the purpose though.  I need to come up with something like that for
(lugnet.parts.modify)

Please FUT parts newsgoup requests to proper threads (I believe the original
request was in .admin.general).
Please FUT color newsgroup NNTP discussions to .nntp

--
-Rob
www.brickmodder.net

Still proposing: