 Administrative / NNTP / 1396 (-5)
  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

(...) I guess your script could try killing it every couple of seconds until it dies? Or does it continue to fail? ROSCO (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

(...) I'm really sorry about that. I've got a script that runs once a minute and checks whether xinetd is running, and if it finds that it isn't, it restarts it. I installed this a couple months ago when we had the massive NNTP traffic -- it was (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Geneva Convention

(...) YUP. It works. You CAN cancel your own posts. Just follow the directions I already posted. Re-reading my own text, it is not totally clear what needs to be done, so if you are confused, let me know and I will try to be more clear and concise. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Geneva Convention

(...) According to (URL) is possible, if using a newsreader (I've never tried this). (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Outlook Express problem

Hi all, Not sure this is the right newsgroup but I hope someone can help me with this. I'm just after installing WinXP Pro after using 98SE for some time. Outlook Express somehow doesn't like my subscription to lugnet. Every day all groups are gone (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact