 Administrative / NNTP / 132
Re: New newsgroups for product line years
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:37:38 GMT

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 04:34:14PM +0000, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:

As information about the upcoming 2001 product line becomes available, please
feel free to crosspost between lugnet.year.2001 and other relevant areas, for
example lugnet.starwars and lugnet.year.2001 if the discussions are relevant
to both Star Wars and to the year-2001 product line.

When cross-posting, is there any preference on whether to direct
followup-to into or out-of the .year hierarchy?

I'd say if a message should be cross-posted with .year.* and .elsewhere,
the followup-to should go into .year.*.  Generally speaking, of course.
There are always exceptions.

hmmm....  I wonder if we could set up the year* groups to automagically take
any post about sets of those years....  so any post about 8880 would be copied
to year.1994... that way, the year.* would have more than just new sets talk...

:)

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:5854_1>:  Pony Trekking (LEGO/Belville/Equestrian), '97, 2 figs