 Administrative / NNTP / 121
Re: change of address
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:47:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Dan Boger writes:
I just noticed, that even though I updated my member profile, the newsgroups
are still being sent to my old email address?  do I actually have to
unsubscribe/resubscribe?

Having just unsubscribed all the IDs I could find (1), I think the answer is
yes, that is, that subscriptions are tracked by email address, not member.

Makes sense in that the use of the confirmation code (sent to tne email
address) associated with the address itself, as the entry point to
subscription management, ensures that no one other than the email recepient
(unless grevious hacking has occured) can manipulate subscriptions.

1 - to ensure that I am not ever getting any mailed posts at all, ever, that I
caused to be originated.

++Lar