 Administrative / NNTP / 1191 (-5)
  Re: Animation & Sports group rename

(...) Hey Todd, These are great changes. Especially with Lego expanding from soccer to basketball to hockey (even though I'm not thrilled with the execution of this last), having a "sports" section will be cool. One other section I would suggest (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Renaming Gaming group

OK, whew, it's completed. The lugnet.fun.gaming group has been renamed to lugnet.gaming, and subgroups for BrikWars (URL) and Starship (URL) have now finally been created. If you run or participate in an RPG and would like a focused discussion (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.announce)

  Renaming Gaming group

Earlier today, the groups lugnet.football and lugnet.publish.cinema were renamed to lugnet.sports and lugnet.animation, respectively. Assuming no further problems arising between now and a few hours from now[1], I'm going to also tackle renaming (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.gaming)

  OOPS, sorry for the trip down memory lane!

If you're subscribed to lugnet.announce, I apologize for the flood of reposts of old messages from lugnet.publish.cinema (now lugnet.animation) and/or lugnet.football (now lugnet.sports). I forgot to tweak a data file which contains message counts (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Animation & Sports group rename

Today I'm going to tackle the renaming of lugnet.publish.cinema to lugnet.animation and lugnet.football to lugnet.sports. This transformation will basically go in 4 steps: 1. First the old groups will be disabled, so that no new posts can be made. (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.sports, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact