 Administrative / NNTP / 1113
Re: The LEGO Company is invited to post everywhere!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:21:08 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> writes:

In lugnet.lego, Rob Hendrix writes:
Can all messages from anyone with a lego.com address be automatically
crossposted to .lego so we don't have to go searching for posts in every
group?

Perhaps some other kind of constructed index would serve the purpose?
For example, what if there were a webpage you could go to and see all
the @lego.com messages?  Of what if you could specify arbitrary criteria
by which certain messages would automatically be selected and brought to
your attention?

Well, since we are following up to the nntp newsgroup, I'd vote for an
nntp solution. E.g. just add some archive-type newsgroup to each official
TLG post, but don't add that to the Follow-up line, and don't allow
any post to that newsgroup that doesn't come from a lego.com address.
Then, the newsgroup is an archive, readable via nntp or web, of all of
the official posts. You could even seed it with all current official posts.

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/