 Administrative / NNTP / 1051 (-10)
  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

(...) FWIW, I too am having problems connecting to the NNTP server. It does connect, eventually, but takes about a minute or two. My guess is that it's trying to do an auth request to my machine, but my firewall is blocking the request, causing the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

HI: (...) I as well, have been having a hard time reading Lugnet newsgroups. From my end nothing else has changed. I can connect to other news servers. I like others have assumed that it was a "lugnet" issue and it would clear itself up. But it has (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: .trains keeps crashing my newsreader

(...) Yes. it works in mozilla .96. But eventually, I just unsubscribed and resubscribed again. it works fine now. -c (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

Mike Faunce wrote in message ... (...) I can connect now, but it takes a looooong time. Kevin ---...--- TOWN Lego Building contest! (URL) Hospital 2396 piece kit! (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: new ezboard

(...) does it really have a better UI? I always found that kind of threading board terribly hard to read and follow. To the point that I can't actually use them at all, even for boards that I am interested in the content. It's just too hard to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

(...) I'm having problems too. I Figured it was a temporary problem at their end as I'm not having any problems with any other NNTP servers. I just tried increasing my timeout from 1 min to 2 as the other poster did, but still no luck for me. Mike (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Daniel Crichton wrote in message ... (...) I just increased my server timeout setting from 1 min to 2, and that seems to have done it. Don't know why it should need the longer setting now after 3 years of being happy on the previous one! Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:GtI2D1.1ts@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) Not at all - I've just read this via NNTP and posted my reply that way. Dan (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Unable to connect via NNTP

For the past 3 days or so I've been unable to get my newsreader (Outlook Express) to connect to the LUGNET News server. (I"m posting this via the we interface). Has anything changed? ANyone else having trouble? Kevin (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Hi Mark, You need to go through the posting setup (URL) to change your email address. FUT: .admin.nntp (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact