 Administrative / General / 9777
Re: Calling for banishment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:34:09 GMT

I'm not going to bicker with you in the group. I'll discuss facts. But there
is nothing to be gained by addressing the garbage below.

Scott A

I'm stuck here, because I'm more honest than most. Were the shoe on the
other foot, Scott would have no qualms about saying he'd never do it again,
even if in his heart of hearts he knew he might.

Yes I violated Scott's privacy a teeny teeny bit. I fished his email address
out of a year old post to use it to unsubscribe from a newsletter he said he
didn't want to get, and he didn't sign up for and that he considered junk.

Certainly I *said* I did it (when I didn't have to do that, it could have
been done completely anonymously and  no one would have known, but that's
not my style) because I take responsibility for my actions, even if they are
rights violations of others. And I'm prepared to suffer the consequences for
this, as I am for everything I do.

Banning me for that one privacy violation is a bit much, don't you think?
Some punishment, POSSIBLY, is justified, for what I did... And should I do
it again, maybe some additional punishment.

But banning? Nope. That Scott calls for that is evidence of a big problem
with *Scott*, not me.

No, I think a better case could actually be made for banning Scott.

He's a chronic troublemaker who starts rows and sows disagreement wherever
he goes, maliciously crossposts and redirects discussion where it doesn't
belong, and who contributes little positive to the day to day flow of things
here.

He has a long history in this regard as well, it's not some recent development.

Once in a while he dredges up an answer to a question, yes, but would you
miss him all that much if he was gone? I doubt it.

Ban Scott Arthur. On balance it's a much better suggestion.