 Administrative / General / 9448
Re: strange error
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:54:03 GMT

It just gives me a list of groups to post to.
--
Nicole widow of
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
when posting we get this:
Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'New website',
Account: 'lugnet.com', Server: 'lugnet.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server
Response: '441 Posts to lugnet.announce must follow-up to another group',
Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

any ideas on what to do?
--
Nicole widow of
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

If you would like to post an announcement, your message needs to be • addressed to
lugnet.announce with instructions to reply to, or 'follow up,' at another
newsgroup, such as lugnet.build.

This is so the announce area contains only announcements. It's one of the • few
groups with a rule like that. If you were using the web interface, it • would say
the same thing.

I don't use MSE, but look for a command like 'reply to' in the addressing • area.

let me know if you continue to have a problem.

-Suzanne