 Administrative / General / 9399
Re: Changes at LUGNET HQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:18:33 GMT

Excellent,
Best of luck to you both!
RW

LUGNET Admin <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GHJHpC.n24@lugnet.com...
Hello everyone,

It has been almost five years since Todd and I mapped out a plan to build • a
website for centralizing AFOL resources and communication. A lot has • happened
since then.

The hobby has gained attention from The LEGO Company and the rest of the • world
as worthy of respect and great admiration. One has only to look through • some
galleries at brickshelf.com, or at a Cool LEGO Site of the Week, to be • amazed by
the creativity and determination typical of the adult LEGO user.

Many of us now meet with others "like us" in person to form local groups. • LUGs
and train clubs have been established in places all around the world; • while
online we form a great community of friends. Now more than ever, LUGNET • stands
ready as a welcoming place for visitors who are just entering the hobby or • are
new to the internet.

But other things have changed in these years too. Todd and I have grown • and
learned a lot. It shouldn't be too surprising that the zeal necessary to
maintain and further develop LUGNET may get diverted into other areas and • new
interests. Of course this wouldn't mean caring any less about the hobby or • the
community. Rather, the time in our schedules can become precious in new • ways.

That said, Todd needs to shift his attention to other things and will be • ending
his role as administrator here on LUGNET. He'll still be around, but for • the
most part I'm taking over his duties. I'm well equipped in preparation, • and
together we're putting a big effort into the transition process. You can • expect
another message including information about who will be doing what, when • and
where, etc. For now, just know that everything is fine.

I promise to keep a high level of communication during this period. LUGNET • will
be getting some tweaks and updates that will call for feedback. However, I
probably won't be able to address much in the way of suggestions just yet. • So,
if there's something of that nature you'd like to chat about, please bear • with
me while things settle first.

I'm thankful to Todd for all he's done thus far. I wish him well on his • new
path, where things are looking bright. And I'm happy about my new • position,
where I'll be working more directly with you all.

-Suzanne

suz@baseplate.com
admin@lugnet.com