 Administrative / General / 9170
Re: Lugnet CSOTW Spam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 04:25:28 GMT

Well, then, I'm sorry to have stirred things up.

Few things get my dander up faster than phone solicitors and email spam from
private parties. (Not much can be done about spam-bots)

I'm glad it was a mistake, and not an actual spam effort.

~Mark "Much Ado About Nothing" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

in article GD1rLn.886@lugnet.com, Freight Freitas wrote:

All ~

First of all, the Lugnet CSOTW Spam came from me.

Unfortunately, before this evening, I did not know what "spam" was or, for
that matter, whose e-mail was in my address book.  This was not a "massive
spam", I only wanted to send the site address to my friends, as the site was
finally finished last night and I was excited about it.  However, I did not
realize that every person I ever had correspondence with got saved in the
address book (thanks Microsoft), I just selected them all and clicked on
send, figuring the e-mail was going to friends.  Obviously not.  I realized
my mistake this evening when my site was removed from cool site and my wife
explained to me how the address book works.

I apologize for the mistake, I am not a computer person at all, and I
certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.

Regards,
Freight Freitas