 Administrative / General / 9145
Re: CLSotW - help wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:26:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Beckwith writes:
I would be willing to help with writing reviews.  Maybe some sort of CLSotW
committee or something could be organized.

Yes, a commmittee of people on tap seems ideal.

May I suggest that we lengthen the cycle so that there is a weeks delay
between the vote and when the site is posted. That builds up a buffer of time.

Now, with that buffer, work the committee system to load balance. Once the
site is known, mail the committee and whoever has time to write a review
speaks up and does so (if several people do have time, maybe let the person
who most likes the theme(s) the site addresses do the writing). I would be
willing to be on the committee but with the knowledge that I have time to
write reviews once in a blue moon...

Todd has set a high standard with his past work, so only people who can
write clearly, cogently and concisely(1), and who have impeccable spelling
and grammar skills ought to give this consideration.

1 - this one may rule me out since I do tend to drone on sometimes... :-)

++Lar
++Lar