 Administrative / General / 9133
  lugnet.robotics.combat?

Fighting Lego robots seem to have gained considerable momentum recently.. just take a look at Battle Bricks (www.battlebricks.com) or Lego Robo Warriors ((URL) I was wondering if you would give any consideration to creating a group for this purpose? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.robotics.combat?

(...) vast majority of these things simply aren't robots. Maybe in .build or something instead. Why perpetuate the fallacy that armored RC cars are really robots when they aren't. (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.robotics.combat?

(...) Because very few of them are armored RC cars. There are actually lots of autonomous combat robots, and even those that aren't "smart" have extremely impressive engineering inside. Also.. isn't the definition of a robot something that can be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.robotics.combat?

(...) The *vast* majority of combat "robots" which I have seen on the net, LEGO-based or otherwise, are not autonomous. (...) Extremely impressive engineering does not necessarily make a device a robot. (...) Of course if it's autonomous and (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.robotics.combat?

(...) I have to agree with that. All three of the TV shows currently all the rage which purportedly feature robotic combat, ACTUALLY feature combat by machines controlled remotely by human operators. That is downplayed in the shows, of course. So (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)