 Administrative / General / 9080
Re: Lugnet T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 03:05:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
G'day Todd,

I went to order one of these and noticed that the prices on the
page above do not match the actualy "invoice".  For example, I
selected a $13 shirt and clicked "Preview Order".  The invoice
on the next page had $13.99 for the price.

Have the prices changed?

Yikes!!!  :-(  Apparently, Cafe Press has raised the "base price" on a basic
shirt from $11.99 to $13.99.  (Did anyone notice when they did this?)
Jeezum Crow, I'm going to have to raise the price on the $13 shirt to $13.99
just to break even, and to $14.99 to just to make a buck.  :-(  How is
anyone going to be able to afford these darn things now?  I guess I'll set
the prices all to $14.99, which, on the good side, means lowering the other
ones that are $18 -- they weren't really selling anyway.

Did anyone notice if they bought one thinking it was $13.00 and got
unsuspectingly stiffed for a charge of $13.99?  If so, please let me know
and I will eat the cost difference and pay you a refund for the error.

If so, is LUGNET getting more or less of the proceeds?

It would have been getting $2 less per shirt.

I've just reset the pricing to be $14.99 flat rate across all designs
($17.99 for the oversize shirts), which is $1.00 kickback per shirt and
CafePress.com keeps the rest.

--Todd