 Administrative / General / 9008
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Felix Greco wrote:
I understand the need to distance fans and business.  But why is it that
when you and Suzanne refer to TLG lately, its with so much spite.  Have
your run-ins been that unpleasant?  I'm not one to worship the company,
I'm just indifferent.  Perhaps I'm ignorant because I don't have the
exposure that you do.

Felix, if it makes you feel any better, you aren't the only person who has
wondered about that.

I've lost track of the number and the nature of communications (email,
telephone, face-to-face) over the past four years.  Most have been pleasant;
not all have been productive.

Since dealings have been with a dozen or more people -- in many different
situations and contexts -- it's very difficult to sum things up.  One thing
that stands out definitively in my mind is our face-to-face dealings with
LEGO attorneys, which have all been pleasant as well as productive.

It can feel frustrating at times dealing with a large company like LEGO, but
we try to understand that everything is based on business decisions.  Our
FTF meetings last November were pleasant.  Brad Justus is friendly.

It was a great pleasure to meet Jake McKee.

--Todd