 Administrative / General / 8601
Re: news.lugnet.com enhancement request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:04:48 GMT

And on newsgroup pages, http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/ , you could
right justify the time/date on the same line as the group heading
"Admin/General"

In lugnet.admin.general, Ron Sedlmeyer writes:
But I like the layout, content of http://news.lugnet.com.

The way I have my fonts set, it looks like you could add a line under the
"News" (lugnetnewslogo-100x150x64.gif) graphic. You could have the image
then immediately under it say "at 12:00 PM Dec 28, 2000". This would have no
change in the layout of the current page except that the image would move up
several pixels, especially if you use the same font size as the newsgroup
links. I don't know how this would look on other browsers with other fonts.

In lugnet.admin.general, Ron Sedlmeyer writes:
Not sure if this is the right group....
Todd.
I keep a browser open to http://news.lugnet.com and hit refresh every so
often to see if the message count on some groups have gone up. What I don't
know is when the last time I refreshed the page. How hard would it be to add
the current time of the page? That way I could look and see "Oh, I just
refreshed a few minutes ago" or "It's been over an hour since last time".

It would be very easy, but space is tight on the homepage.  Have you tried
the Traffic page?

  http://news.lugnet.com/news/traffic/

--Todd