 Administrative / General / 8583
Re: This is weird.(about .debate)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 15:52:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Gary E. Blessing writes:
Hi,
Why are you guys debating the uselessness of .debate in the admin.general
group?

I would think you would do this in .debate.

I started the thred in both .debate and .admin.general because I felt there was
an issue with how Lugnet is run, and the effect .debate has on the whole of
Lugnet. Perhaps it wasn't the right thing to do, it certainly did grow beyond
what is appropriate to .admin.general.

The purpose of the .admin groups isn't 100% clear, but .admin.general at least
seems to be a place where one can publicly ask Todd and Suzanne about how
Lugnet is run. In fact from it's charter:

  CHARTER/PURPOSE:

     lugnet.admin.general (group):
        General LUGNET discussions about groups, planning, help, etc.

Sounds like this is the place to discuss groups, of which .debate certainly is
one of the groups.

Juist my perspective (which as always may be horribly wrong).

Frank