 Administrative / General / 8389
Re: STUPID QUESTION?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jude Beaudin wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler writes:

Is there a way to search for a phrase without getting results for each
component word?  For instance, can I search for "cypress tree" without
getting 1000 results for "tree," 200 results for "cypress," and no results
for "cypress tree?"

"+cypress +tree"

There you go, add a plus in front of each word.

Awesome!  :) When did this start working?  I swear, it didn't use to do
this...

And exclusion works, too.  Put "-cypress" to ignore all those expensive
parts. This is Most Cool.

Too bad this doesn't actually answer Dave!'s question.  Searching for
"+cypress +tree" is _not_ the same as searching for the phrase "cypress
tree".  But it's still really, really great. :)

Steve