 Administrative / General / 7619
Re: email copy to me ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:52:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Todd,
Please make the default for the completely redundant
"email my post to me"  AKA "please spam myself unnecessarally"
or "Damn, I forgot to uncheck that stupid box again"

to unchecked.

At least remember it from preview to post.

It actually remembered it from preview to post, but didn't remember it from
preview to preview if you were posting without a cookie.  It really wanted
badly to send a copy in that case (assuming that someone was posting from,
say, a library or cyber-cafe, etc.).

It's kinda hard to miss, though, now, right there next to the Post button,
and I agree it makes sense to be off by default.  And certainly it wasn't
correct behavior to re-check it again if you had already unchecked it.

--Todd