 Administrative / General / 7437
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:31:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Scott Arthur writes:

I missed the posts (e-mails welcome),

Let's be clear here, are you asking for someone to mail you a description of
the contents (which you've already seen if you've read the thread, but
briefly, it's proprietary marketing and pricing information that is the
property of TLC), or were you asking for someone to mail you the posts
themselves? I suspect the latter but certainly welcome correction.

If so, what other stolen goods were you planning on soliciting for on Lugnet?

Seriously, I'm not sure it's a good idea to make Lugnet a party to your
conspiring to receive, as Lugnet can't assert the library or common carrier
defense, IMHO.

so I have no real ideal what was in the post. So to me this denial of
information, for no solid reason as far as I can see, feels like censorship.

It might feel like censorship, and in the broad meaning the public uses, you
might think it is, but in the narrow, legalistic and definitionally correct
view, it's not. Censorship is a priori. This was a postiori, among other
important differences. My take on this is that editorial control is a very
broad meaning and we're stuck with it for good or ill, while censorship is a
very narrow one and we don't have it here, thank goodness.

++Lar