 Administrative / General / 7312
    Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com —Deidre Rushton Brumby
   (...) Speaking for myself (obviously!) as another afflicted lugnet user, Java Scripting is enabled and I've never encountered a problem with it before, only this pop-up box on Lugnet. Deidre drb@tasmail.com (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com —Todd Lehman
   (...) hmm... When you've used it before, was it embedded in webpages or was it a standalone file, like this, served as a MIME type of application/x-javascript? --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com —John Herre
   (...) I tried this with IE 4.72 on win98 and a slightly older version on winnt. Embedded javascript works, but it looks like the window object is not defined in standalone files. John (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)