 Administrative / General / 6728
Re: PAUSE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 13:48:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general "Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote:

Scott A wrote in message ...
I noticed pause now also has links to the related groups - good idea.

BTW : Why is pause called pause?

IRC, www.pause.com once hosted the Lego set database.  It was maintained by
Lou Zucaro.  He announced at some point that he would not be able to
maintain it any longer.
After the creation of Lugnet, the database was moved to its present
location.  The name stuck; for the reasons why, Todd can answer to that.

I believe the name stuck because of 1) Lou's IP, and 2) familiarity on
the part of the users.  Its eventually going to be phased out (along
with Fibblesnork) into the general LUGNET set database.  That just
hasn't happened yet :)

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org