 Administrative / General / 6192
Re: lugnet.lego.direct not categorised
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:15:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
LEGO Company, right between Games & Mindstorms.  It's in the lower • selection
of groups because it isn't a product catagory (theme).

Uh-huh. Right.
[something clicks, mind clears]
But the lower part *is* for the product categories/themes. Thus, the "LEGO
Company" group should be in the top part. Ooops!

Perhaps it's currently misplaced.  Internally, the lower division has actually
been for "official" stuff (i.e., things originating from or for LEGO and not
from us fans), which, up until now, has only been product categories/themes.
But OTOH, the LEGOLAND area covers the official LEGO theme parks of that name,
and breaks that convention.

Let's try "LEGO Company" on the upper division and see if that's clearer...

Hmm. I see what you mean; but until you said that, it was pretty clear to me
that the bottom section contains the so-called "theme groups", and the upper
part is for NGs that are not thematically categorized (eg market, CAD, etc -
things that can and/or are related to many or all themes; or IOW, that are not
related to any theme specifically).
Maybe your division is better-- but until now, it wasn't really defined
(publicly, that is; I have no doubt it was defined in your head :-) and that
was my grasp on it-- top = non-theme NGs, bottom = theme NGs.

-Shiri