 Administrative / General / 6096
Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:56:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
G'day,

I've e-mailed Todd about this a couple of times, and I think I posted a
message asking for help, but I haven't got any replies. Unfortunately, this
problem could easily be caused by the mail server at work, which I have no
way of fixing.

Well, it's not Todd's job to fix your duff software, I'd say. But maybe he can
shed some light on what is going wrong. I may be misremembering but I think I
recall that the reference line is getting truncated (1), and that is causing
the misanchoring. Or maybe that was someone else.

In the meantime, here's an idea.

Post via the web interface. This misthreading is so very very inconvenient for
everyone else that the minor inconvenience to you to fix it by posting from
there is vastly outweighed. (and if you work somewhere where you can't get web
access, you might want to consider changing jobs, or doing it from home.)

I find it so annoying, at any rate, that I often skip your posts, which is too
bad, really, because I don't usually want to reply and make the problem worse,
but it means I'm ignoring what might be valid commentary.

1 - what we called a "ference error" back in the chad age

++Lar