 Administrative / General / 5500
Re: Feelings (was: Re: Ratings?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 02:05:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:

I think it is important (or soon will be) to create a culture where
rating != status - that is, if you have a message that's been marked down..
you don't feel rejected _at_all_.

On the other hand, it may be a problem that will "grow-away" by itself(1),
people will generally get a mix of high and low scores.. and when seeing and
getting a true mix of scoring is common, it probably won't be as traumatic (if
at all!).

This is possibly just repeating an earlier thought-process, but I couldn't miss
the opportunity to disagree with myself :)

Richard

1 - If there is to be an etiquette, should lame puns be marked down on
principle?