 Administrative / General / 5292
Re: Search button
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:43:36 GMT

No, was asking a question.

Ok.  Do you have a form running now that demonstrates this inability in IE on
LUGNET?  Gotta admin, knowing your personal hatred for M$, these little "hey,
if you're using IE you may have a problem with this so complain to your vendor
but if you're using Netscape N/C you should be fine" announcements seem a
little silly sometimes.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion about browsers, and I would hardly
argue that both major browsers have major issues, but sometimes it almost
seems like you go out of your way to label one as crap while few but Netscape
employees would say different about its product.  :)

If you're concerned about people not being able to use forms you have now or
will have soon, throw up an example and I can tell you how they work with IE4
and IE5 on both PCs and Macs.  That way you'll have some real data and not
suppositions based on older versions.

Anyone running IE3 needs to get a clue anyway, and move on up.

Mabye so.  But what if they're stuck at a library?  All the libraries I've
been to around here, for example, still use Netscape Navigator 3.0 and refuse
to upgrade to 4.0 because of security issues.

Not sure what that has to do with IE3/4/5, but if I were responsible for
administering publicly available systems (what a surprise, I am) I'd stick
with NN 3.0 (were I able to make that choice) for performance and stability
issues more than anything else.