 Administrative / General / 5271
Re: Search button
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:42:35 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
What I don't understand from your above is why MSIE has no problems with
eBay's pages which have different querries executed depending on where
you are when you hit enter (but Netscape Navigator at work requires me
to hit the submit button).

Hmm.  Some possibilities:

- eBay using VBScript-denhanced forms detecting the use of the Enter key?
- MS fixed the UI bug post-MSIE3 and Netscape added it post-4.7?

What versions of those two browsers are you running?

MSIE 4, NN 3.01 (for AIX)

The Lugnet main page does work in Netscape for me. eBay may be doing
something in their page which confuses Netscape. It might be worth
looking at their page to see what they're doing though.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com