 Administrative / General / 5244
Re: Promotional Sets for Trade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:13:32 GMT

Which is a very cool feature, but only works through the web interface.

I wonder how difficult it would be to translate the 'set' tag when the
message is coming in and converting it to its 'a href' tag?  This would
allow all of these custom tags to display the proper hyperlink from both the
web interface as well as NNTP.

Of course a simple ISAPI filter or UNIX equivalent can process the link on
the web page simply enough but it might be worth the trouble to do it on the
front end.  Seems I remember reading that messages are already being hashed
a little when the come in anyway.

Is there any chance of this happening?

_ _
Scott Smallbeck