 Administrative / General / 5140
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 06:55:18 GMT

(An update on an earlier announcement 2 days ago...)

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
[...]
Thus, to lessen the noise levels on the root homepage, the server now
"hides" messages appearing in the following parts of the newsgroup tree:

  lugnet.admin.*
  lugnet.market.auction
  lugnet.market.jambalaya
  lugnet.off-topic.*

(This isn't perfect, and the list may need a bit of adjustment up or down,
but I think it's a good starting point  And actually, I wish this had been
in place since day one.  I hope many people haven't been scared away because
of this flaw.)
[...]

The original list above was adjusted downwards to simply the lugnet.admin
and lugnet.off-topic subtrees.  (In other words, lugnet.market.auction and
lugnet.market.jambalaya are included again by default.)

If you would like to customize which groups are skipped over when you browse
messages from the top-level of the web interface, there is now a Skip-Filter
settings page here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/filter/

You can set it to show messages from all groups (exclude no groups) or just
the groups you want to exclude.  It's up to you.

--Todd