 Administrative / General / 5129
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:45:15 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

All things being equal, bowdlerization of content is undesirable, but please
understand that it's the lesser of two evils.  Most people have lives outside
of the hobby, and couldn't care less to see all the non-LEGO noise.  In fact,
when the noise levels reach problematic proportions, it begins to attract and
retain a different type of person (the hard-head or die-hard as opposed to the
casual user or someone into the hobby for pure reasons).

I'd like it best if people could personalize and exchange their own automatic
bowdlerizers, and am working toward this.

--Todd

Todd,

Are you speaking of some type of 'preferences' cookie ? Something where
I could set my preferences and have the main page include/exclude the
messages based on what I specified ?

Ray

--
mailto:rsanders@svic.net
Experienced Macintosh developer seeks telecomuting position.