 Administrative / General / 4990
Re: Group coalescing (was: Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:08:11 GMT

The simplest way to split the mailing list messages into their original
groups is to ask your email software to sort messages by the 'From:' field
(this is supported by virtually every email package).  Of course, this
doesn't actually break them apart into separate folders, but you'll see
all the castle messages together, all the robotics messages together, etc.

The fancier way is to set up inbox filters in your email application, so that
it automatically files incoming messages into folders that you specify.  So,
if you wanted, you could have all the castle messages go into a Castle folder,
all of the robotics messages go into a Robotics folder, etc.  The field to
match on here is also the 'From:' header of the messages.

you did mean the "To:" field, right?  The from for your message was "Todd
Lehman" - the To was "lugnet.admin.general@lugnet.com" :)

Just nitpicking :P

Dan