 Administrative / General / 4684
4683  |  4685
Subject:
Strangeness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:24:03 GMT

I saw this post:
http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=4416

I was interested in the text which starts:
"To everyone else, if you start dealing with..."

I looked for the original message, but could not find it.

So I did a search for "To everyone else, if you start dealing with Michael"
ie:
http://www.lugnet.com/?q=To+everyone+else%2C+if+you+start+dealing+with+Micha
el%2C+make+him+put+what

And I found the message I wanted was cancelled:
http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=4414

Does this mean that the original text of cancelled messages is still
searchable?
If so, is it a good thing?

Does this mean that the original text of cancelled messages still exist on
the LUGNet Sever?

I think there are scenarios where this is a _bad_ thing - cancelled
commercially sensitive/porn/libellous posts etc.

Scott A