 Administrative / General / 4481
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:29:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
[...] To review, I
suggested that he volunteer to be banned from all of the .market • hierarchy
for a period of six months (NOT permanently) if he does the same thing
again.  Why not just .buy-sell-trade?  A quick search on Scott's name • will
reveal that a great preponderance of his posts are auction • announcements.
.Buy-sell-trade holds little interest for him, so banning him just from
that wouldn't be any REAL consequence.

But, as I've said, that's just my suggestion.  It would certainly prove
Scott's sincerity to making sure it didn't happen again.

This suggestion seems quite reasonable to me.

This suggestion seems quite un-reasonable to me.

Lastweek I had no intention of breaking any LUGNet rules.
Today I have no intention of breaking any LUGNet rules.
Nextweek I will have no intention of breaking any LUGNet rules.

I posted a poorly worded message. I regret it. End of story.

As far as damage to LUGNet is concerned, the damage caused by my post last
Friday was minute compared to some of the subsequent messages contained in
this thread in my opinion. I doubt if anyone would disagree with that?

How about this suggestion:

Next time you cross-post lugnet.auction and lugnet.buy-sell-trade with an
auction announcement (or something poorly worded), you will send each person
you offend a Lego minifig.  Those people who feel offended by your post will
reply to it telling you so.

8-)