 Administrative / General / 4406
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:31:46 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

I'm having trouble collecting my feelings here into something I can post, so
I am just going to say for now that I am troubled by the direction this
situation is taking, and I'm feeling that Scott may be being unfairly
targeted.

I hope some other folks will weigh in their feelings publicly (if there has
been a huge outcry in private to Todd, I'd like to see some of those people
post publicly).

I think Scott's wrong and Todd is right, based on the facts.

However, and this is as important if not more so, I think Todd may be
overreacting. This (1) has clearly rubbed Todd the wrong way and it has
the potential of blowing into a rather large and ugly brouhaha, perhaps
as bad as that around the Secret Scans, in which a lot of people would
get their feelings hurt.

That would be terribly unfortunate.

Scott is a good honest trader but he needs to stop posting auction
listings, or things that look like auction listings unless you look at
them very very closely, anywhere but in auction.

Todd is a hard worker who has done things of inestimable worth for the
community as a whole but sometimes he gets his dander up and when he
does, he gets dug in to positions. He may well be 100% right but
nevertheless feelings get hurt.

Now, see, why is Larry, Mr. Cold Hard Fact Based Rationality, prattling
about feelings? Larry tromps on people's toes all the time and laughs
about it. (2) But Larry isn't Todd. Todd is God around here and when
he's not smiling on his Chosen People, everyone is in for a bad hair
day.

So I'd say step back and calm down a bit.

Scott, pledge not to do it again on pain of a permanent banning from
market.buy-sell-trade the next time you slip up.

Todd, take that at face value and forget the past.

That's my suggestion. I didn't consult with anyone before I made it so
who knows how many toes I stepped on. Like I care (2). Bwahaha. (2)

1 - Scott's "forgetfulness" which I would term lackadaisicalness rather
than maliciousness. But carelessness just the same.

2 - exaggerated for effect. well, a little, anyway.
--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!