 Administrative / General / 4276
4275  |  4277
Subject:
Voluntary Advertising Banners..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:00:33 GMT

As in, I hate the things, BUT - if there was some sort of cookie-jar that I
could go to and turn them on.. then I would if it would generate a little money
for LUGNET.

Is the evil world of internet advertising that evil if they are *entirely*
voluntary and off by default? Also - I have no idea how many people would
actually want to generate income for LUGNET by clicking on the occasional ad!

I did a *small* amount of research at:

<http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Companies/Internet_Services/Web_Serv
ices/Marketing/Advertising/>

I just looked at two that pay-per-click.. are there any that pay each time the
banner is downloaded from the server? Anyway..

I-Clicks
--------

<http://www.i-clicks.net/>
<http://www.i-clicks.net/payschedule.html>

These require the site to have more than 2000 hits per month.. so if you had
the banners as a voluntary scheme, then 100 signed-up members would need to hit
20 times a month? Is that realistic or stretching it a bit?
For less than 10,000 clicks a month, they pay 14-15 cents

E-Ads
-----

<http://www.eads.com/>
<http://www.eads.com/faq_ref.html>

These people don't seem to have a minimum, and pay 10 cents per click.
They also have a 5 cent referral, so if someone mentions you when they sign up
to the same service, you get 5 cents each time someone clicks on their site

Richard