 Administrative / General / 407
Re: From the groups list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:19:39 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpien@ctp.com> writes:

Quoting:

lugnet.announce
  General-interest announcements to the community (breaking
  news about products, releases, contests, events, and sites,
  etc.); also, important LUGNET information (new features,
  services, scheduled downtime, etc.); NOTE: the following are
  not appropriate: auction announcements, new-user
  introductions, questions, and test-and postings

Something doesn't scan for me in this wording. The tail end won't parse
correctly. What is a "test-and posting"? I think you're trying to convey that
conversations should not happen here, all initial posts should have the
followups set correctly, but it doesn't come across to this reader, anyway.

Oops, thanks, that should read "..., and test-postings."

--Todd