 Administrative / General / 3637
Re: Enhanced verification (was: Re: What the F.......)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:55:06 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
A header field 'X-Member-ID' could be inserted by the web interface if and
when someone is a member signed-in at the time they post.  Subsequently,
when articles are displayed, this field would be interepreted in some way and
would give a link to the member's page, perhaps with some small additional
graphic image or other mild attention-grabber.

Interesting idea. Could this also be done via NNTP? Either by running a
seperate news server on a second port, or -- and I have no idea if this is
doable because I'm not well-versed in the password mechanism of NNTP -- by
making the password not required but have this line added if it exists.