 Administrative / General / 3083
Re: LUGNET as a portal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:14:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Todd,
What are your thoughts of letting LUGNET be a portal site?  Almost
everything is there, really -- all I need now is a "Search LUGNET / Search
Google" (1) textbox and button and I'd have LUGNET as my home page.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Or whichever Web search tool you prefer...

The term "portal" is kind of a fuzzy marketspeak words these days (maybe
it always was, in this context :) so I'm not sure I fully understand the
question, since it could mean so many things.  I used the term a couple times
in some older posts:

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1197
   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1274
   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1973
   http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=850

I don't know if any of those help shed any light on the question.  If you
mean, Will the homepage someday be custom-configurable such that it can be
a launching point to basically anywhere, like a personalized "startup" screen,
then the answer is Yes.

--Todd