 Administrative / General / 2970
Re: Lugnet Newsgroups Anniversary!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 01:25:37 GMT

<snipage>

Aha -- found it!  Here's that message:

  http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=397726988&fmt=raw

The 'Date' header says "4 Oct 1998 00:00:00 GMT", which is obviously wrong,
but there's another header which says "04 Oct 1998 17:13:50 CDT", which
sounds right on.  So if my TZ math is correct, this means it was posted
at 22:13:50 GMT, which means that the 1 year anniversary is coming up in
about 21 more hours or so.

This being the eve of the anniversary, I'd be interested in hearing
people's thoughts on how things have turned out so far, and whether things
have lived up to or failed to meet people's expectations -- particularly
with respect to the hopes expressed in the announcement (attached below).

First off Happy anniversary to LUGNET and here are to many many more!!!

Unfortunatly I have not been here from the begining.  I would say that I have
been on LUGNET for approx. 6 months or so.  As far as expectations I don't
think I had any but I can say this.  Without LUGNET I would not be building
with LEGO right now.

I got back into LEGO because of the Star Wars sets and I am sure I would have
bought those sets anyway but in my searching for information on those sets I
found LUGNET and in doing so discovered an incredible network of Adult Fans of
LEGO and I was officially hooked again.

I have over the years since I entered my dark ages (about 13 years ago)
browsed the LEGO isle wanting to buy some LEGO but was convinced that it was
not right :( .  Now thank to LUGNET I talk to my non-LEGO friends openly about
my habit and love for LEGO and I don't care whether they think I am strange or
not (I know I've been strange for a long time :).

Now thanks to LUGENT quite a few local LEGO groups like NELUG (of which I am a
member) have sprung up which allows many of us to meet in person and attend
events together.  This new network of friends that I have made has been great
and I owe most (if not all) of it to Todd, Suz (before MIT of course :), and
LUGNET.

Since I have been here LUGNET has just gotten better and better and I often
just can't wait to just see what Todd has come up with next.  The variety of
News Groups is wonderful and the people participating for the most part are
extremely polite and helpful.

So here is one more BIG thanks to Todd and all the contributors to LUGNET for
a great first year and heres to more and even more exciting years to come.

Eric Kingsley

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

<more snipage>